21 Apr Byron Bay Accommodation Options
If you’re thinking about a holiday in Byron Bay, there are a couple of things you must consider when selecting the right accommodation for you.
First and foremost is – who is coming? Is it a family holiday, relaxing with friends or a couple’s retreat?
Some properties are not child or pet friendly, so if you are looking for somewhere to stay with your family, you will need to keep this in mind during your search.
Here are a few of our best family / pet friendly properties:
- Byron Beach House – Directly across from family friendly Clarkes Beach and also has a pool. (Not pet friendly)
- Clarkes Beach House – Footsteps to family friendly Clarkes Beach and a short walk to ‘The Pass’, a great place for kids to enjoy the waves. (Not pet friendly)
- Belongil Sails – Has a pool, is a short stroll to beautiful Belongil Beach. (Pet friendly)
- The Jetty House – With a large backyard there is plenty of room for the kids to play and only a short stroll to Belongil Beach. (Pet friendly)
If you’re holidaying with friends on the other hand, chances are you’ll want somewhere close to the CBD, to have access to all the best cafes, restaurants and bars that Byron Bay has to offer, as well as a great kitchen, BBQ and entertaining area.
Holiday homes / apartments ideal for holidaying with friends:
- Azul – With a large resort style pool and deck, as well as a BBQ, it’s the perfect place to relax with friends. Also a short stroll to Clarkes Beach and the iconic Topshop Cafe around the corner.
- 8 Palm Valley Drive – With sundecks looking over spectacular Wategos Beach, you can spend hours enjoying the view. It’s also only a short, 5 minute drive into town or a pleasant stroll along the scenic coastal walk.
- Keverall North – Ideal for 2 couples with outside deck space and a private cabana overlooking Belongil Beach. Only a short 10min drive to the heart of Byron.
- Rooftop Byron – Located right in the heart of town, where you have Byron Bay’s best cafes, restaurants and bars at your fingertips.
- Domain 2 – Indoor / outdoor living at its best and connected to the Byron @ Byron Resort and Spa, where you can enjoy dinner and cocktails with friends.
- Elevation – An entertainer’s delight, with a fully equipped chef’s kitchen, deck, pool and conversation pit. Only a short stroll into the heart of Byron Bay.
Alternatively, for that tranquil couple’s getaway, see a list of properties below that might be just what you’re looking for:
- Pacific House – Located right on beautiful Belongil Beach. Gaze at the uninterrupted views and enjoy the spectacular afternoon sunsets from your front lawn.
- Pandanus – Spectacular views over Wategos Beach. A private and tranquil abode.
- Bamboo Beach Shack – Surrounded by coastal rainforest and only short stroll over a sand dune to Tallow Beach.
- Watermark Suites – Front row Wategos and only footsteps from the sand, where you can take refreshing morning dips and spend the afternoon beach walking while watching the spectacular sunsets.
- Byron Baythers Suites – Located in the heart of town and close to some of Byron Bay’s best cafes and boutiques. Enjoy brunch and a morning of shopping.
The second most important thing to consider when booking accommodation in Byron Bay is, will you have transport?
This will determine whether you select a property with everything you need within walking distance, or somewhere a little further out of town.
For those of you with transport, there are many fantastic towns and sights just outside of Byron for you to visit! Explore the town of Bangalow or take a drive up to Newrybar, where you will find the iconic Harvest Restaurant and Cafe. A great place to grab coffee and a pastry on your way to beautiful Killen Falls, 15 min away.
Here is a list of some fantastic properties if you have a car and plan on venturing past central Byron Bay:
- Adrift – Located on beautiful Tallow Beach and only a short drive to the heart of Byron.
- Akita – Situated on tranquil Alcorn St, only footsteps to Tallow Beach and a few minutes’ drive to town.
- Horizon – Perched high on a ridge-line in the Byron Bay hinterland, Horizon enjoys enormous ocean views. Only minutes to Byron CBD.
- 111 Alcorn St – Minutes’ drive from the centre of Byron, this property is ideally located within waking distance to the shops and cafes of Suffolk Park, as well as beautiful Tallow Beach.
- Domain 7 – Surrounded by tranquil, lush rainforest, you can easily spend the entire day lazing around in the many different indoor / outdoor spaces or take a short drive into the vibrant heart of Byron Bay.
If you’re on foot, there are plenty of places to stay where everything is within a short stroll:
- Palms Penthouse – Beautiful views of Clarkes Beach just across the road and a short stroll into the heart of Byron Bay, where you will find an abundance of fantastic cafes, restaurants, bars and boutiques.
- Byron Baythers Residence – Located in the heart of the Byron CBD, everything is within easy walking distance.
- First Light – Just a short stroll to the sand of Clarkes Beach and ‘The Pass’ and a pleasant coastal or beach walk into town. Also located at the start of the boardwalk leading to the Lighthouse track.
- Saltwater Cottage – Situated in town, it’s a short walk to the beach and all the cafes, restaurants, bars and boutiques Byron Bay has to offer.
To plan your Byron Bay holiday, take a look at our ‘Explore The Area’ tab, with a list of recommendations for places to eat / drink and things to do.
For further assistance selecting the perfect property for you, please don’t hesitate to contact our team: 02 6685 8749 / firstname.lastname@example.org