28 May Things to do in Byron Bay during winter
If the chilly winter temperatures have gotten you thinking about an escape to warmer climates, we are currently offering some fantastic winter specials for you to take advantage of!
You may not have considered Byron Bay as a winter destination, however in our opinion it is the best time of year to visit.
See below some of our favourite things to do and places to eat/drink during winter in Byron Bay…
WHAT TO DO IN BYRON BAY DURING WINTER
- Watch the sunrise from the iconic Cape Byron Lighthouse (Scroll down to see more about the ‘Toast the Sun’ Cape Byron Lighthouse sunrise experience with Wild Goat Events)
- Surf the famous point break ‘The Pass’ (Swells are more consistent during winter and reduced crowds mean more waves to go around)
- Breakfast in the sun at Bayleaf Café (Offering a fresh, seasonal menu that you will be sure to enjoy. Great coffee also)
- Get up close to some Humpback Whales on a kayak tour
- Visit the Byron Bay Markets (1st & 3rd Sunday of the month – Butler Street Reserve)
- A wood-fired pizza, mulled wine and some live music at Treehouse on Belongil
- Beach horse riding tour with Zephyr Horses
- Yoga class at Creature Yoga
- Sunset cocktails at Loft Byron Bay (The lychee chilli coconut martini is a must try!)
- Wine and hors d’oeuvres at Byron’s new wine bar – Supernatural Cellars
- Dinner at Bang Bang (Try the Bang-Quet, you will be glad you did)